Rescue Me Star Michael Lombardi and band Apache Stone to perform at Worcester Sharks Heroes Night
Rescue Me Star Michael Lombardi and band Apache Stone to perform at Worcester Sharks’ Heroes Night – A Tribute to the Worcester 6
Apache Stone from FX hit show Rescue Me to perform on December 6th at Worcester Sharks game
WORCESTER, MA– Worcester Sharks President and CEO Michael T. Lehr announced today that the Worcester Sharks’ Heroes Night – A Tribute to the Worcester 6, on Sunday, December 6th at the DCU Center will feature a special celebrity appearance by Michael Lombardi and the band Apache Stone from the FX hit television show, Rescue Me.
The entire event is presented by Charter Communications and funds will be raised for the Worcester Fire Scholarship Program and the burn care unit at the Shriners Hospitals for Children.
The Apache Stone band featuring Michael Lombardi will perform and sign autographs before and after the Sharks game on Heroes Night – A Tribute to the Worcester 6 on December 6th. Doors open at 12:00p.m. For the complete schedule of events, please see below.
Lombardi plays firefighter Mike Silletti and is the front man of the New York-based rock band, Apache Stone, which is featured on Rescue Me.
On December 3, 1999 a five-alarm fire began in the Worcester Cold Storage Warehouse in Worcester, Massachusetts and raged for six days. Six brave firefighters lost their lives, Firefighters Paul Brotherton, Jeremiah Lucey, Timothy Jackson, James Lyons, Joseph McGuirk and Lieutenant Thomas Spencer.
On this tenth year anniversary, the Worcester Sharks have partnered with the Worcester Fire and Police Departments to honor these six individuals and to raise funds for the Worcester Fire Scholarship Program and the burn care unit at the Shriners Hospitals for Children. In addition, the Sharks will celebrate the many heroes in our daily lives.
Immediately following the Sharks’ game and Apache Stone’s performance, game-worn W6 themed jerseys will be auctioned off, with proceeds going directly to the aforementioned charities.
One ticket will allow admission to the entire afternoon of the many special events and activities, including:
· Worcester Fire and Police Department team up for a hockey game against the Providence Fire Department.
· A special on-ice pregame ceremony hosted by Charter TV3’s Kevin Shea.
· A banner will be raised to the DCU Center rafters by representatives of the families.
· Worcester Sharks take on Atlantic Division rivals, Portland Pirates.
· Worcester Sharks players will wear commemorative, W6 themed jerseys to be auctioned off with proceeds going to the Worcester Fire Scholarship Program and Shriners Hospitals for Children.
· Sharks goalie, Alex Stalock, will wear a commemorative W6 themed mask to be auctioned off with proceeds going to the Worcester Fire Scholarship Program and Shriners Hospitals for Children.
· Rescue vehicles will be on the DCU Center plaza for kids to explore including a fire engine, the SWAT rescue vehicle, police cars and more.
· Free DIGIKIDS Child ID program courtesy of Charter Communications.
Schedule of Events:
Portion of the proceeds from ticket sales, jersey auction and goalie mask auction will be donated to the Worcester Fire Scholarship Program and the burn care unit at Shriners Hospitals for Children.
Worcester Fire Scholarship Program
Established in 1989, Local 1009 Scholarship Program has given over $250,000 to first year college students in 20 years of existence. Started by union leaders, the Scholarship Program and all involved are proud to give our children a start towards their college education and hope to continue this in the future.
Shriners Hospitals for Children is a one-of-a-kind health care system dedicated to improving the lives of children by providing pediatric specialty care, innovative research and outstanding teaching programs. Every year, the Shriners Hospitals for Children provides care for thousands of kids with burns, orthopedic conditions, spinal cord injuries, and cleft lip and palate, in a family-centered environment at no charge. It's how Shriners Hospitals has been helping kids defy the odds since 1922.
Now in their fourth season in Worcester, the Sharks look forward to another exciting season highlighted by the improvements of the ice surface at the DCU Center and the reduction of season ticket prices! Sharks fans may secure their 2009-10 season tickets today by calling 508-929-0500. Some of the exclusive benefits for full season ticket holders will include:
· Guaranteed same seat for all 40 home dates and playoff home games at the DCU Center
· Significant savings off box office ticket prices
· Priority access to purchase tickets to DCU Center events (subject to availability)
Season ticket packages, group tickets, and individual tickets for the 2009-10 season are on sale now by contacting the Worcester Sharks Office at 508.929.0500 or by crashing the net at www.SharksAHL.com.
All games can be heard live on 580AM and 94.9FM WTAG, as well as online through AHL Live, by following the link on the Sharks website at www.SharksAHL.com.