Worcester Sharks "30 Prizes in 30 Days” Sweepstakes
No purchase necessary TO ENTER OR WIN. Purchase will not increase odds of winning.
THE "30 PRIZES IN 30 DAYS” SWEEPSTAKES (THE “PROMOTION”) OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES, AGE 18 YEARS OR OLDER. RESIDING WITHIN A 100-MILE RADIUS OF WORCESTER, MASSACHUSETTS ON THE DATE OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. The Promotion begins at 9:00 A.M. (EST) on January 24, 2014, and ends at 4:59 P.M. (EST) on April 19, 2014 (the "Promotion Period"). By entering the Promotion, you are bound by and agree to these Official Rules.
1. HOW TO ENTER: One (1) entry per person per household (each, an “Entry”). All Entries must be received by 4:59 P.M. (EST) April 19, 2014. Duplicate entries will be disqualified. All Entries become the property of the Sharks and will not be acknowledged or returned. The Sharks computer is the official timekeeper for the Promotion. Proof of transmission is not proof of receipt. Two (2) methods of entry:
a. By Deposit. Participants may enter the Promotion by making a minimum $100 deposit on a 2014-15 Worcester Sharks season ticket package and commitment to a Worcester Sharks automatic payment plan, secured with a credit card before or during the Promotion Period. Deposit must be for one or more of the following season ticket packages: Full Season (38 games), 40 Flex Plan (40 Ticket Vouchers) or 20 game Pick a Plan. Participants making such a season ticket package deposit will be entered into the Promotion automatically.
b. By Mail. During the Promotion Period, participants may enter the Promotion by mailing participant’s full name, mailing address, telephone number (including area code), date of birth and e-mail address (optional) in a sealed envelope with proper postage affixed to: Worcester Sharks - 30 Prizes In 30 Days, Attn: Season Ticket Service and Retention Department, DCU Center, 50 Foster St., Worcester MA 01608.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Promotion is open only to legal residents of the United States of America, age 18 years or older. residing within a 100-mile radius of Worcester, Massachusetts on the date of entry. Employees of Sharks Minor Holdings, LLC, the advertising and promotion agencies involved with this Promotion, each of their respective subsidiaries, corporate affiliates, officers, employees, staff, legal representatives, administrators, assigns, and heirs (the “Sharks”), and any of their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household, are not eligible to participate or win. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited.
3. PRIZES AND ODDS: Thirty (30) prizes (each a “Prize”), as described below, will be awarded to thirty (30) separate winners (the “Winners”) (One (1) Prize per Winner):
Exact details of each Prize will be determined in the sole discretion of the Sharks. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Approximate retail value of each Prize ranges from $50 to $800 The Winner shall be fully responsible for any and all applicable federal, state, international and local taxes. All costs and expenses not specified herein related to the Prize, including but not limited to lodging, transportation costs, meals, taxes (including income taxes) and gratuities and other expenses incurred by accepting the Prize are the sole responsibility of Winner. The Prize is non-transferable and non-assignable, with no cash redemption or substitution except at the Sharks' sole discretion. The Sharks will not be responsible for Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage or any other unforeseen force majeure beyond their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of the presentation of the Prize. Limit one (1) Winner per household.
4. SELECTION OF WINNERS: Winners will be randomly selected by Sharks personnel from among all eligible entries for the Promotion Period. On each day (each, a "Drawing Date") during the period beginning on March 21, 2014 and ending on April 19, 2014 (the "Drawing Period"), the Sharks shall randomly select one (1) Winner to receive one (1) Prize. Winners selected to win a Prize shall not be eligible for drawings for subsequent Prizes. Entries not selected will remain eligible for subsequent drawings through the Drawing Period. Judges’ decisions are final and binding. Failure to comply with the Validation process described below and/or any other term contained in the Official Rules when requested may result in disqualification and selection of an alternative Winner.
5. VALIDATION: The Sharks will notify Winners using the contact information submitted at the time of entry. Each Winner may be required to sign and return a notarized affidavit of eligibility/release of liability and/or publicity release. The Sharks will make two (2) attempts to notify each potential Winner. The Sharks shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by a Winner for any reason. Winner must respond to prize notification and accept Prize within twenty four (24) hours after final notification attempt. If a Winner does not respond and accept the Prize within twenty four (24) hours after the final notification attempt, does not timely deliver the affidavit and/or release in the period required by the Sharks, or if the Prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such Winner, the Winner may be disqualified and an alternate Winner may be selected. If any Winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines a Prize for any reason prior to award, such Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Winner may be selected.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS. By entering the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and all other terms and conditions related to the Promotion, as determined by the Sharks. The Sharks have the right to modify the Official Rules at any time for logistical and clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Promotion. Except where prohibited, all Winners grant to the Sharks and its advertising agencies the right to use and/or publish his or her name, likeness, voice, opinions, and biographical information, including on-air announcement of Winner’s name, home city and state in any media to promote the Sharks and the Promotion without providing additional compensation to the Winner. Entrants enter at their own risk. The Sharks and its agents assume no responsibility and shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incorrect, incomplete, ineligible or unintelligible entries; (ii) telephone, electronic, hardware, software program, network, Internet or computer failures or difficulties; (iii) errors in transmission; (iv) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sharks that may cause the Promotion to be disrupted or corrupted; (v) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by a prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, or from participation in the Promotion; or (vi) any printing or typographical error in any materials associated with these Official Rules or the Promotion generally. Participants assume all liability for any injury or damages caused or claimed to be caused by his or her participation in the Promotion and/or the acceptance and/or use of any prize, and release the Sharks and its officers, directors, employees, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and agents from any such liability. The Sharks and its officers, directors, employees, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and agents assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to participants or to any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with this Promotion. THE SHARKS AND ITS AGENTS WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY FAILURE BY THE SHARKS TO RECEIVE A PARTICPANT’S ENTRY IN TIME TO BE INCLUDED IN THE PROMOTION FOR ANY REASON, INCLUDING TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES WITH THE SHARKS SYSTEM. The Sharks may prohibit any participant or potential participant from participating in the Promotion if, in the sole discretion of the Sharks, such person (i) shows a disregard for these Official Rules, (ii) acts with an intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other participant, the Sharks, or it agents or representatives; or (iii) acts in any other disruptive manner. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a participant, the authorized account holder of the mobile phone, email address or mailing address used to enter, if applicable, will be deemed to be the participant. "Authorized account holder" of an email address is defined as the natural person assigned to an email address by the applicable provider responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participant and the Sharks in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Massachusetts without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules.
7. PUBLICITY AND USE OF LIKENESS. Without limiting any other provision of these Official Rules, you grant to the Sharks, the American Hockey League (the “AHL”), and all others acting with the Sharks’ authority (the “Licensees”), a perpetual and irrevocable right and license to use, reproduce, print, publish and disseminate in all manners and media your name, image, voice, appearance and other identifying information provided in connection with the Activities (the “Likeness”), and to record, broadcast and otherwise exploit the Likeness in any and all promotions, advertisements and/or public displays or announcements of any kind and in any and all media. The Sharks shall have full and exclusive ownership and control of any video, photograph or recording of the Likeness (the “Material”). You shall have no rights to the Material, and the Licensees may use, alter or modify all or part of the Material and Likeness, regardless of whether you are recognizable. The Licensees make no representations that the Likeness or Material will or will not be used in any specified way.
8. RELEASE & INDEMNIFICATION. You acknowledge that you receive material benefit from participation in the Promotion and, in consideration, agree to fully and completely, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (i) WAIVE, RELEASE AND DISCHARGE the Sharks, the AHL, and all others acting with the Sharks’ authority (the “Releasees”) from and with respect to any and all liability, claims, damages, losses, expenses, demands, suits, actions, fines and/or judgments, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees and litigation expenses (the “Claims”), related to or arising from the subject of this Agreement, including, but not limited to, claims arising from or related to the Releasees’ negligence; and (ii) INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS the Releasees from any Claims caused by, in whole or in part, or arising from, directly or indirectly, your involvement with the Promotion and/or violation of these Officials Rules. BY ENTERING, YOU AGREE TO WAIVE ANY RIGHTS UNDER ANY PROVISON OF MASSACHUSETTS LAW, AND ALL SIMILAR LAWS OF ANY JURISDICTION, LIMITING THE EXTENSION OF A GENERAL RELEASE FROM CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR. You further agree that you (i) understand all terms of these Official Rules, (ii) have full knowledge of the foregoing content and significance, including that, through these Official Rules, you give up legal rights that may otherwise be available, and (ii) enter into this Promotion freely and voluntarily, without inducement or coercion.
9. SPONSORS/ADMINISTRATOR: Worcester Sharks, 50 Foster Street, Worcester, MA 01608.
10. NAME OF WINNER: The name of the Winner will be posted online at the www.Sharksahl.com until December 31, 2014.