Sharks swim with Whale preview
Sharks swim with Whale….
The Worcester Sharks will look to revenge last Saturday’s 6-2 loss verse the Connecticut Whale when they host them this Saturday at the DCU Center at 7pm. The Sharks who took the Atlantic Division lead this past Wednesday with their win in Portland are now (5-1-1-0) in the month of November and look to be finding their stride by going (7-2-1-0) in their last ten games. This will be Connecticut’s last trip to the DCU Center this season as they hold a (1-0-0-0) record verse the Sharks; the two teams will play in Connecticut on December 9th and March 28th to complete the four game season series. Kevin Faulk, former New England Patriots running back will be making a special appearance as he will be signing autographs from 6-8pm in the DCU Concourse. The Sharks are 7-5-1-1 this season and have 16 points in 14 games played, aside from being in first place in the Atlantic they are third in the Eastern Conference.
Previous game results of 2012-2013 Season
Connecticut 6 @ Worcester 2 Worcester Loss
Here are the ways you can listen or watch the game if you can’t make it up to Maine.
All 76 regular season games can be heard live on 580AM and 94.9FM WTAG or online at www.wtag.com. Email Sharks broadcaster Eric Lindquist at radio@Sharksahl.com to send questions or a special shout out!
For a small fee watch EVERY Worcester Sharks game online at www.AHLlive.com.
Get live updates at all three preseason games and all 76 regular season games through www.twitter.com/SharksAHLinGame (goals, assists, fights, and big saves)
Get the inside scoop and behind the scenes stuff on game days via www.twitter.com/WorcesterSharks
Interact with other Sharks fans on game day by following the Worcester Sharks on Facebook (www.facebook.com/WorcesterSharks). Exclusive game day photos will be posted after most games!
Visit www.SharksAHL.com every game day for previews, special features, game photos, post game highlights, and recap!
A look at the Whale…
This will be Connecticut’s last time making the trek to the DCU Center this season which also completes their back to back weekend trips to Worcester. Currently, the Whale have 11 points in 13 games played (5-7-1-0) good for fourth place in the Northeast Division and 13th in the Eastern Conference. Connecticut has lost two straight games and four of their last five overall.
Whales to look out for....
The Connecticut Whale dynamic offense is led by a few players that we saw fill up the score sheet in last Saturday’s 6-2 victory over Worcester. Kris Newbury (5 goals - 9 assists – 14 points) good for 8th place in the AHL scoring lead has been a constant threat every time he touches the ice. Newbury just doesn’t lead the team in overall points as he is also the team leader in penalty minutes with 48 and didn’t shy away from Curt Gogol at the end of Saturday’s game. Kyle Jean also finds himself in 8th place in a scoring lead in the AHL as he has posted a line of (5 goals – 7 assists – 12 points) putting him right in the middle of AHL Rookie scoring lead. Between the pipes for Connecticut is Cam Talbot, don’t let his (4-4-0-0) record fool you as he has compiled an impressive 2.48 goals against and .928 save percentage this season.
· Sharks goalie, Alex Stalock currently has a 7 game win streak between the pipes and is (7-2-1-0) this season with a 2.35 goals against average, a .915 save percentage, and one shutout.
· Bracken Kearns has a four game point (3-1-4) and leads the AHL in power play goals with 5.
· Worcester is currently 2-2 verse teams from the Northeast Division. Scoring five goals a game when they win and only scoring one goal when they lost. They have allowed 1.5 goals a game in their victories and 5 goals game when they have lost to the Northeast.
· By playing in Wednesday’s game Brandon Mashinter is now second all-time in games played in Worcester Sharks history with 217 games. Mashinter trails former Sharks captain Mike Moore (253 games) by 36 games.
· Saturday’s game verse Connecticut is also when the Sharks will the host the 7th annual Worcester County Sheriff’s Food Drive to benefit the Friendly House of Worcester. All fans that donate a canned food item at the game will receive a free ticket voucher to the Sharks game on January 16 vs. the Hershey Bears compliments of Price Chopper. All collected food will go directly to the Friendly House of Worcester to be distributed to needy families throughout the Worcester area in time for Thanksgiving.